Matsugasaki History Park
Said to be a landing point of Nichiren Shonin and Zeami
Matsugasaki History Park is a leisure spot featuring a free campground and a beautiful park perfect for a stroll, with the pure white Konose Lighthouse and the Sea of Japan right before your eyes. In ancient times, the area once flourished as the main gateway to Sado Island from the mainland Echigo (Niigata), and is also known as a landing point of Nichiren Shonin (Buddhist monk) and Zeami (a playwright who perfected the art form of Noh), both of whom were exiled to Sado. Port Observation Point, a re-creation of the Sado Commissioner's Office in the Edo Period (1601 – 1868), offers a sense of ancient culture.
- 1214-2先 Matsugasaki, Sado, Niigata 952-0821
- Telephone Number
- +81-0259-67-7944（Tourism Promotion Division, Sado City Office）
- Opening Period
- A seaside park
- Communal cooking hut, toilets, shower (cold water shower only), free parking
- Camping prices
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 60 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Hongyoujimae（Higashikaigansen Line） Approx. 3 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Sunrise Jogahama (onsen bathing facility and accommodation) is a 15-minute drive away. Bathing and swimming are prohibited because the water is deep and there are strong currents.
Points of interest near Matsugasaki History Park
Konose Cape is located closest to Echigo (Niigata) in Sado. The area used to flourish as a gateway to Sado in an...
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
Matsugasaki is said to be the place where Nichiren Shonin arrived on Sado. Hongyoji Temple was established by Fu...
Iwakubi Shoryu Tanada (terraced rice fields)
The terraced rice field stretches in the mountains over 350m high in the Iwakubi area. The rice paddies have bee...