Sado Rekishi Densetsukan
History of Sado revived by high technology
Full-size robots intriguingly tell of the history and legends of Sado. On the first floor, famous scenes with historical significance are introduced by robots in elaborate clothing which are exact replicas of historical figures. Witness Emperor Juntoku mourning his fate with the moon at the place of his exile, or a famous Tsukahara debate between Nichiren and other priests from other schools, and Zeami (14th-15th-century Noh actor and playwright) dancing to pray for rains. On the second floor, photographs and art objects inspired by Sado's ambiance are on exhibit. Shodo Sasaki Museum is located within the museum, where the works of lost-wax casting by Shodo Sasaki, a living national treasure, are on display. You may also enjoy the taste of Sado at a restaurant on site.
- Museums, Art Galleries and Resource Centres
- Gift Shops
- 655 Mano, Sado, Niigata 952-0313
- Telephone Number
- Official site
- Web URL
- Payment Methods
- Credit cards not accepted:
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- April - November: 8:30-17:00 / December - March: 9:00 - 16:30
- Open 7 days a week
- Adult: 800JPY / Child: 400JPY
- Not required
- Facilities and Service
- Restaurant, gift shop, garden, etc.
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 30 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Sado Rekishi Densetsukan [Sado History Museum] (on Saturdays and Sundays, for a limited time only)（Minamisen (South Line)、Ogi Line） Approx. 0 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Car：80, Bus：25
- Some display information is in English.
Points of interest near Sado Rekishi Densetsukan
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
Shinrinji Temple used to look after the cremation mound of Emperor Juntoku. Through the religious reform movemen...
Stone Cuddling Plum (Ishidaki no Ume)
This plum tree can be found in the garden of a privately-owned house located en route to Mano Gogyo Mausoleum. T...
- Gift Shops
Mano Kanko Centre
Mano Kanko Centre is located next to Mano Imperial Mausoleum, and houses a variety of Sado specialties, such as ...