Obata Shuzo Sake Brewery
A quality brand-name sake "Manotsuru" spread its wings around the world!
Obata Shuzo Sake Brewery, the brewer of "Manotsuru" brand sake, was established in 1892. Obata Shuzo Sake Brewery has won the gold prize a total of ten times at the nation's most respected National New Sake Awards. It was also honoured three times with a prestigious gold medal in the sake category at the world's largest wine competition held in London, the International Wine Challenge, (in 2004, 2007 and 2015). They offer brewery tours and sake tasting as well a selection of sake for sale.
- Sake Breweries
- Gift Shops
- 449 Manoshinmachi, Sado, Niigata 952-0318
- Telephone Number
- Payment Methods
- Cards accepted:
- VISAMASTERDiners ClubJCBUnionPay（銀聯）
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- 8:00 - 17:00
- Open 7 days a week
- Not required （Reservation required for groups.）
- Facilities and Service
- Gift shop, exhibition section, brewery tour, sake tasting, etc.
- General Accessibility
- Not Available
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 30 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Manoshinmachi（Minamisen (South Line)、Kanamarusen Line、Akadomarisen Line、Ogi Line） Approx. 5 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Cars：20, Buses：7
- Obata Shuzo shows a video explaining how sake is made
Points of interest near Obata Shuzo Sake Brewery
- Gift Shops
Seisei Kiteya Mano
Seisei means 'as many times' and 'frequently' in the Sado dialect. Seisei Kiteya sells safe and delicious produc...
- Museums, Art Galleries and Resource Centres
Sado Mingeikan (folk crafts centre)
Sado Mingeikan is housed in a merchant house of the Meiji Period (1868 - 1912). The exhibition includes items th...
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
Shinrinji Temple used to look after the cremation mound of Emperor Juntoku. Through the religious reform movemen...