An accommodation offering hands-on workshops in full-of-nature Akadomari.
Sunrise Jogahama is an inn located in Akadomari, in the refreshing environment of southeast Sado, that offers hands-on experiences. As the name suggests, you can see the sun rising above the horizon from guest rooms. In front of the inn lies Jogahama Bathing Beach and behind it are mountains abundant in nature, making Sunrise Jogahama ideal for school trips and training camps as well as ordinary stays and banquets. Workshops on offer include soba noodle-making, fishing from a rocky shore, and folktale retelling, providing a glance at the culture of Sado.
- Ryokan (Japanese-style Inn)
- Craft Experiences
- Food Experiences
- 2915 Mikawa, Sado, Niigata 952-0705
- Telephone Number
- Payment Methods
- Credit cards not accepted:
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- Open every day
- Hands-on Experience Prices
- Persimmon picking / soba (buckwheat noodles) making / rag-weaving (sakiori): 1,050JPY each. Folktale story-telling workshop / Tour of homes mentioned in folktales: 525JPY each
- Required （2 weeks in advance）
- Price per night （Tax included）
- Half Board Package ：8025yen ～ Bed and Breakfast ：6,450yen ～ Simple Package without Meals ：4,350yen ～
- Number of rooms
- Japanese-style room ：10 Western-style room with bed ：2
- Business Period
- Open all year
- Sunrise Jogahama: 29 December to 3 January / Akadomari Jogahama Onsen Hot Spring: 31 December and 1 January
- Book Online
- Facilities and Service
- Banquet rooms, large bathrooms, hot spring, conference rooms, lounge, various workshops, etc.
Toothbrush Bath towel Face towel Shaving razor Yukata (cotton kimono)
- Transfer Service
- Available（Available from all around Sado. Reservation required）
- Hot Spring
- Hot SpringUse of bathing facilities only
- Maximum Capacity
- Large bathrooms for men and women, each with a maximum capacity of 20 people.
- Health Benefits
- Considered to be beneficial for neuralgia, muscle pain, joint pain, frozen shoulders, bruises, sprains, chronic entheropathy, atherosclerosis, chronic skin diseases, chronic gynopathy, etc.
- Use of bathing facilities only
- 10:00 - 21:00
Closed Tuesdays (When a national holiday falls on Tuesday, the facility is open that day and closed the next day.)
- Bath fees
- Adults: 400JPY / Children: 250JPY
- Hot Spring quality
- Sodium Chloride and Sulfate Spring
- Hot Spring temperature
- Available（Free Wi-Fi internet access）
- Disabled Access
- Available（in only some rooms）
- Transport Access
- Ogi Port Approx 25 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Sunrise Jogahama（Maehama Line (Bound for Sunrise Jogahama)） Approx. 1（0） minutes on foot from bus stop
Points of interest near Sunrise Jogahama
- Outdoor Activities
Jogahama Beach is a tranquil beach with a width of 150 metres. With clear water perfect for swimming, the beach ...
- Gift Shops
- Sake Breweries
Hokusetsu Shuzo Sake Brewery
Hokusetsu Shuzo Sake Brewery was established in 1872. Hokusetsu is a dry, smooth sake, which evokes images of he...
- Heritage and Relics
- Museums, Art Galleries and Resource Centres
Perched on a hill projecting out into the port, the ruins of the castle built by a castle lord in the late 16th ...