Tsubakiya Togeikan Ceramic Art Hall
A specialty shop on Sado, the island of ceramic arts and crafts
Tsubakiya Togeikan exhibits and sells about 1,000 items, including the works by a Living National Treasure native to Sado, created at sixteen different potteries within the island. Also on display are the works by Tamasaburo Bando, who is a Kabuki (traditional theatre plays) luminary and a Living National Treasure closely associated with Sado. Pottery workshops are popular among families and The Sado-harvested camellia oil: SADO, is produced and sold here. There is also a dining space, and you can eat locally-sourced food from plates and dishes created by potters (scheduled to be open in May, 2016).
- Gift Shops
- Craft Experiences
- 1111-1 Kaizuka, Sado, Niigata 952-1207
- Telephone Number
- Official site
- Web URL
- Payment Methods
- Cards accepted:
- VISAMASTERDiners ClubAMEXJCBUnionPay（銀聯） （商品の購入のみカード利用可。お食事は現金支払いのみ。）
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- 9：00 - 17：00
- Open 7 days a week (occasionally closed in winter)
- Hands-on Experience Prices
- Hands-on Experience Workshops: from 500JPY (before tax)
- Not required （Booking is required for groups and hands-on experiences.）
- Facilities and Service
- Pottery workshop (for a charge), shop, exhibition room, multi-chamber climbing kiln, eating area, etc.
- Not Available
- Disabled Access
- Available（There is a slope to the main entrance.）
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 15 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Yokodani（Honsen (Main Line)） Approx. 5 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Car：30, Bus：5
Points of interest near Tsubakiya Togeikan Ceramic Art Hall
Meiji Kinendo Memorial
Meiji Kinendo was founded by Ryokan Honjo, a Buddhist monk of Tokushoji Temple, to comfort the souls of Sado Isl...
- Noh Stages
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
An’yoji Haguro Shrine
An'yoji's Haguro Shrine is said to be a shrine to where the god divided from Haguro Shrine, in Yamagata Prefectu...
- Museums, Art Galleries and Resource Centres
Sado Daikannon Showaden
A group of Buddha statues, numbering over 220, is installed in one corner of the Nakaoku area. The main image o...