Senkakuwan Ageshima Yuen
A tourist attraction with a panoramic view of Senkakuwan Bay
Senkakuwan Ageshima Yuen is a tourist attraction of Ageshima Kyowan (narrow bay), the fifth most scenic spot at Senkakuwan Bay. From the observation deck, you can enjoy a dynamic, panoramic view. The surrounding area is a marine park, designated as one of Japan's 100 Scenic Foreshores. You can also enjoy a cruise around the bay, and the underwater world, aboard a glass-bottom boat (for a fee). On site, there are also an aquarium, which is home to fish found in the sea surrounding Sado, and a resource centre, which displays panels about a famous Japanese film, "Kimi no Na Wa" [What is Your Name?], filmed in this area.
- Light meal
- Chinese Ramen Noodles
- 1561 Kita-ebisu, Sado, Niigata 952-2133
- Telephone Number
- Payment Methods
- Credit cards not accepted:
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- May - October: 8:00-17:30 / March - April, November: 8:30 - 17:00 / December - February / 8:30 - 16:30
- Open 7 days a week
- Adult 550JPY, Child 280JPY *Additional fee required for glass-bottom boat cruises.
- Required （By policy, only school trips are accepted.）
- Facilities and Service
- Gift shop, aquarium, observation deck, refreshment corner, glass bottom boat (for a charge, operated from mid-March until late November), etc.
- Number of seats
- Not required
- Open for lunch
- Not Available
- General Accessibility
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 60 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Senkakuwan Ageshima Yuen（Kaifu Line） Approx. 1 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Cars：150, Buses：15
- Brochures are available in English and Chinese.
Points of interest near Senkakuwan Ageshima Yuen
- Strange Rocks and Bizarre Stones
Five small bays stretching about 3km from Himezu to Kitaebisu are called Senkakuwan as a whole. Resembling to th...
Sado Osaki Lighthouse
Sado Osaki Lighthouse is situated within the grounds of a tourist attraction, Senkakuwan Ageshima Yuen, and you ...
- Heritage and Relics
Mearai Jizo (Eye Washing Statue of Bodhisattva)
The story of "Sansho-Dayu" is famous for the tale of Anju and Zushio. In it, the grown-up Zushio and his blind m...