Yajima Taiken Koryukan (experience & exchange centre)
Enjoy a tub-boat ride in a beautiful inlet surrounded by nature
Yajima Taiken Koryukan is nestled at the back of a cove with a view of Yajima and Kyojima. You can enjoy a tub-boat ride in the picturesque scenery of the Sado Geopark and Sado-Yahiko-Yoneyama Quasi-National Park. The centre also offers an array of workshops such as fishing from the rocky shore, dried squid making and soba (buckwheat noodles) making. (Please contact the centre for details.) At the eatery, you will experience the delights of soba and udon noodles with nagamo seaweed.
- Tub Boat Rides
- 365-1 Ogi, Sado, Niigata 952-0605
- Telephone Number
- Payment Methods
- Credit cards not accepted:
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- 8:00 - 17:00
- Closed on 21 October (due to a village festival) and from November-March
- Tub boat ride: Adults 600JPY Children 400JPY
- Not required （Please reserve at least a day in advance for groups of more than 10 persons.）
- Facilities and Service
- Eatery, etc.
- Not Available
- General Accessibility
- Available（Accessible public toilets）
- Transport Access
- Ogi Port Approx 5 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Yajima Iriguchi（Shukunegi Line） Approx. 7 minutes on foot from bus stop
Points of interest near Yajima Taiken Koryukan (experience & exchange centre)
Yajima and Kyojima
Yajima produces good-quality Japanese arrow bamboo (Pseudosasa Japonica).The arrow which Yorimasa Minamoto, a sa...
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
Kaichoji Temple is an old temple of Soto Zen School located in the middle of the hill leading down to Yajima and...
- Outdoor Activities
- Heritage and Relics
Shiroyama Park is located up on a hill facing the sea. After hiking the steep, cobbled path to the top, a large,...