Sado Island Taiko Centre (Tatakokan)
A taiko drum experience for people of all ages!
Sado Island Taiko Centre is run by Kodo Cultural Foundation, located on the hill in the neighbourhood of Kodo Village. The spacious hall constructed using Sado-produced timber produces joyful resonance. Tatakokan is home to two huge taiko drums that were hand-carved from an enormous 600-year-old keyaki (Japanese zelkova) log. "Taiko Experience" programs led by the Taiko Centre's instructors and a range of other events are on offer. The hall, exhibition room and a Japanese-style room are also available for rent.
- Taiko Drumming Experience
- 150-3 Ogi Kanetashinden, Sado, Niigata 952-0611
- Telephone Number
- Payment Methods
- Cards accepted:
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Assistance in Foreign Languages ：
- Opening Times
- 9:00 - 17:00
- Mondays (if Monday is a public holiday, it will be open but closed on the following day)
- Hands-on Experience Prices
- Courses for one person: Junior high school student or up: 2,000JPY
Elementary school student 1,000JPY *Special programmes for groups can be arranged.
- Required （Please book at least 3 days before your date of visit. Online booking is available through the official website.）
- Facilities and Service
- Hall, traditional cooking classroom, exhibition room, and meeting rooms, etc.
- Available（Free Wi-Fi internet access）
- General Accessibility
- Available（Ostomate-friendly toilet is available.）
- Transport Access
- Ogi Port Approx 10 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Taiko Taiken Kouryuukan（Shukunegi Line） Approx. 0 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Cars：25, Buses：4
Points of interest near Sado Island Taiko Centre (Tatakokan)
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
An ancient temple tucked away in the back of the Shukunegi village, Shokoji Temple was founded in 1349 as the fi...
- Museums, Art Galleries and Resource Centres
Sado Island’s Ogi Folk Museum, Sengokubune Exhibition Hall
Sado Island's Ogi Folk Museum is housed in the building of the former Shukunegi Elementary School. This museum e...
- Strange Rocks and Bizarre Stones
The Ogi Coast stretches about 16 km from Shiroyamadai in Ogi to Mikoiwa in Sawasaki. The varied coastline, forme...