Hokusetsu Shuzo Sake Brewery
Sake in Sado recognised by celebrities in the world
Hokusetsu Shuzo Sake Brewery was established in 1872. Hokusetsu is a dry, smooth sake, which evokes images of heavy snow in the northern provinces. Committed in their passion to Sado's water, rice, climate and people, Hokusetsu wholeheartedly makes sake which can only be made by Hokusetsu, and explores the various possibilities of sake with sensibilities suited to the times. Sake produced by Hokusetsu is loved at Nobu restaurants in New York, Los Angeles, London, Milan, and Dubai, among others, which attract celebrities from around the world.
- Gift Shops
- Sake Breweries
- 2377-2 Tokuwa, Sado, Niigata 952-0706
- Telephone Number
- Official site
- Web URL
- Opening Times
- 8:00 - 17:00
- Open 7 days a week
- Free brewery tour is available.
- Required （Brewery tour is available upon reservation.）
- Facilities and Service
- Brewery tour, sake tasting, shop, etc.
- Payment Methods
- Cards accepted:
- VISAMASTERDiners ClubAMEXJCB
- Not Available
- Disabled Access
- Not Available
- Transport Access
- Ogi Port Approx 25 minutes by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Akadomari Gyokyoumae（Akadomarisen Line、Maehama Line） Approx. 2 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Car：20, Bus：5
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
"Tourist" spot near Hokusetsu Shuzo Sake Brewery
- Museums, Art Galleries and Resource Centres
Akadomari Folk Museum
Akadomari Folk Museum is housed in the Akadomari Sogo Bunka Kaikan (Cultural Centre). You will be welcomed by a ...
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
A walk up the gentle slope, with Akadomari Port in the background, will lead to Zenchoji Temple on the heights, ...
- Heritage and Relics
Nichiren Shonin’s Namidaimoku Monument
Namidaimoku Monument (literally means wave mantra) stands in the shore of Maura, where Nichiren Shonin, founder ...