Jinguji Temple

A famous temple with a beautiful bronze bell steeped in the history of the late Kamakura Period (around the 14th century)

The bronze bell owned by Jinguji Temple is designated as a National Important Cultural Property. The bell was originally offered to Shokoji Temple (Hayoshi, Sado) at the end of the Kamakura Period, to wish Nobutoki Hojo (governor of Sado) peace and good luck in the war. According to the inscription carved on the bell, it was cast and dedicated in 1295. When Haguro Shrine was abolished in 1868 on the order of the separation of Shintoism and Buddhism, the followers of Jinguji Temple purchased the bell and dedicated it to Jinguji Temple. The graceful appearance is marvellous.

  • Shrines and Buddhist Temples
Address
138 Niibo Inai, Sado, Niigata 952-0107
Contact Information
0259-22-3059
Transport Access
Ryotsu Port Approx 20 minutes by car
Nearest bus stop
Niibo Yubinkyokumae(Minamisen (South Line)) Approx. 30 minutes on foot from bus stop
Parking
Not Available

About by car from Ryotsu Port.