Osado Ishina Natural Cedar Forest
A leisurely walk around Ishina natural cedar trees
There is a walk path in Ishina natural cedar forest for anyone to enjoy a walk around natural cedar trees at around at 900m up in the mountain. You can get to the entrance of the path by car. Along the 650-meter long path, you can see giant trees, some of which were named "Zogesugi (ivory cedar)", "Hagoromosugi (magic robe cedar)", etc. in competition. The cedar trees were warped by strong winds and in fog, and trees unsuitable for timber remain without being cut down. Some of the trees are over 300 years old.
- Ishina, Sado, Niigata 952-2211
- Telephone Number
- +81-0259-27-5000（Sado Tourism Association）
- Closed from the middle of Nov to the end of May
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 40 by car
- 70 minutes by car from Aikawa.As to the access to the Osado Ishina Natural Cedar Forest, the access from Ishina area on Aikawa side is closed to traffic due to post-disaster construction and damage repair.So, please note that you cannot go through Ishina area even when you go there from Waki area on Ryotsu side.
Points of interest near Osado Ishina Natural Cedar Forest
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
Ishina Seisuiji Temple
According to the temple's book of origin, it was founded in 807. The spring bubbling up by the sanmon gate (the ...
Mount Donden, officially named Mt Tadaramine, is the whole highland area including three mountains above 900m. A...
- Outdoor Activities
Nyuzaki Beach is located in the Takachi area of Sotokaifu. The pebble beach stretches approximately one kilo met...