An oddly-shaped rock formation formed by volcanic activity
Jinmeniwa is an oddly-shaped rock approximately 10m high, standing on the Koshi no Nagahama seashore stretching from Mano to Ogi. The rock is made of green-coloured andesite, and it is called "Jinmeniwa (human face rock), as it resembles to a person looking into far distance. Jinmeniwa is a popular location to take photos with the background of Mano Bay, and the rock stands out from all of the other numerous unique rock formations in Sado.
- Senago, Sado, Niigata 952-0316
- Transport Access
- Ogi Port Approx 25 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Takiwaki（Ogi Line） Approx. 15 minutes on foot from bus stop
Points of interest near Jinmeniwa (Tateiwa)
- Food Experiences
- Use of bathing facilities only
- Government-run Facilities
Shiozu no Sato
Shiozu no Sato stands on open ground in the heights overlooking Mano Bay. It has a spacious front garden where y...
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
Shinrinji Temple used to look after the cremation mound of Emperor Juntoku. Through the religious reform movemen...
- Museums, Art Galleries and Resource Centres
- Gift Shops
Sado Rekishi Densetsukan
Full-size robots intriguingly tell of the history and legends of Sado. On the first floor, famous scenes with hi...