Café de Cattleya
A coffee shop leading the Sado's coffee culture
Founded in 1958, Café de Cattleya is a coffee shop with stained glass lights, a single flower dressing the tables, and quiet background music evoking the retro feel of the Showa times (1926-1989). It offers a choice of about thirty coffees, all of which are made with scrupulously selected coffee beans, including special blends, local brands, and Irish coffee. Cakes such as apple pies are also popular to eat along with the coffee. It also provides an ample selection of tea and juice.
- 67 Aikawa Hanedamachi, Sado, Niigata 952-1548
- Telephone Number
- Payment Methods
- Credit cards not accepted:
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- 9:00 - 22:30
- Regular holiday
- Closed on 1st of January only
- Number of seats
- Not required
- Open for lunch
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 50 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Aikawa（Honsen (Main Line)、Nanaura Kaigansen Line、Kaifu Line） Approx. 5 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Available （専用2台、共有（公営駐車場）10台）
Points of interest near Café de Cattleya
- Government-run Facilities
Sashu Oyarikan (Aikawa Tourist Exchange Center)
The perfect base for a walking tour, Sashu Oyarikan was established after repairing a historical accommodation n...
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
Daianji was established in 1606 by Nagayasu Okubo, the first Commissioner of Sado. A long, beautifully cobbled p...
- Gold and Silver Mines
- Heritage and Relics
Time Bell Tower
Time signal in Aikawa Town started in 1709, by striking taiko drums set within the Sado Commissioner's Office. T...