Authentic sweets from Shukunegi!
Sabo Yamashita is a hearty café in a renovated shed, with tables made from washtub-boats unique to the Ogi area, where they are used locally. Simply sweet zenzai (sweet red bean soup with mochi rice cake) and warabimochi (Japanese jelly-like confectionery) are perfect for a tea break during a stroll through Shukunegi.
- Italian Cuisine
- 442 Shukunegi, Sado, Niigata 952-0312
- Telephone Number
- Official site
- Payment Methods
- Credit cards not accepted:
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- 10:00 - 16:00 (lunch is served between 11:00 - 14:00)
- Regular holiday
- Thursdays (occasionally closed)
- Not required （Reservations required for Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays）
- Open for lunch
- Disabled Access
- Not Available
- Transport Access
- Ogi Port Approx 10 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Shukunegi（Shukunegi Line） Approx. 1 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Shared parking lot available
Points of interest near Sabo Yamashita
- Heritage and Relics
Iwayasan Cave and Buddha Statues
There is a sacred cave in the middle of Mt Iwaya at the back of Shukunegi Village. Various Buddha statues are c...
- Strange Rocks and Bizarre Stones
- Tub Boat Rides
Hangiri (washtub boats) in Shukunegi
Take a ride on a hangiri (washtub boat) and explore the world at sea level. The hangiri have been an essential f...
Having been a port since the medieval times, Shukunegi went through the prosperous 17th century brought about by...