Sado's fish, sake and rice
At Ishihara Sushi (sushi shop), you will be welcomed by the kind master chef and his family. The master chef's parents run a fish shop, and seafood is selected by the fish connoisseur at the nearby Ryotsu Fish Market every day. This means that freshness is guaranteed. Sushi toppings of the day displayed on the blackboard are full of seasonal flavours. Rice used is the koshihikari type grown in Sado. Ishihara Sushi is tucked away within "Yurakugai", an alleyway with eateries and bars in Ryotsu. The restaurant might be hard to find, but it is such a hidden gem that tourists take the time and effort to find and visit.
- Fish Dishes
- 192-2 Ryotsu Ebisu, Sado, Niigata 952-0011
- Telephone Number
- Payment Methods
- Credit cards not accepted:
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- 11:00 - 14:00、17:00 - 23:00
- Regular holiday
- Number of seats
- Not required
- Open for lunch
- Disabled Access
- Not Available
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 5 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Ebisu Honmachi（Honsen (Main Line)、Minamisen (South Line)、Higashikaigansen Line、Uchikaifusen Line、Yokojuku Line） Approx. 2 minutes on foot from bus stop
Points of interest near Ishihara Sushi
Ryotsu Catholic Church
Christianity is considered to have been brought to Sado first in the Edo Period (1603-1867). Ryotsu Catholic Chu...
- Heritage and Relics
Murasame no Matsu (rain-showered pine)
Within the grounds of Sado Japan Coast Guard Station, a Japanese black pine tree with beautifully shaped branche...
- Waterfalls, Ponds and the Lake
Lake Kamo, with approximately 17km of circumferences, is the largest one in Niigata Prefecture. Originally, the ...