Good, down-home Sado cooking
At Imari, you can feast on local, specialty cuisine made from the ingredients of Sado's mountains and surrounding sea. Imari is an ever-popular restaurant, well-known in Ryotsu, offering a variety of menu items, like its acclaimed lunch-of-the-day, as well as classic dishes usually found at izakayas (Japanese-style pubs). You will be greeted by a hospitable okami hostess, and, in a setting embellished with Imari ware, farming tools and household goods, you feel like you have wandered into an unusual space. Rice balls and bento box lunches, prepared at Imari, are available to buy aboard Sado Kisen ferries.
- Fish Dishes
- 187-2 Ryotsu Ebisu, Sado, Niigata 952-0011
- Telephone Number
- Official site
- Web URL
- Payment Methods
- Credit cards not accepted:
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- 17:00 - 22:30
- Regular holiday
- Closed Mondays, Sundays, and national holidays
- Number of seats
- Not required
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 5 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Ebisu Honmachi（Honsen (Main Line)、Minamisen (South Line)、Higashikaigansen Line、Uchikaifusen Line、Yokojuku Line） Approx. 3 minutes on foot from bus stop
Points of interest near Imari
Ryotsu Catholic Church
Christianity is considered to have been brought to Sado first in the Edo Period (1603-1867). Ryotsu Catholic Chu...
- Heritage and Relics
Murasame no Matsu (rain-showered pine)
Within the grounds of Sado Japan Coast Guard Station, a Japanese black pine tree with beautifully shaped branche...
- Waterfalls, Ponds and the Lake
Lake Kamo, with approximately 17km of circumferences, is the largest one in Niigata Prefecture. Originally, the ...