Old-House Eatery & Japanese-style Pub & Café Mochidaya
Enjoy fresh seafood in the ambience of the Showa times
Mochidaya is a restaurant directly run by the adjacent Mochida Fishmonger. It boasts menu items which emphasize the seasonal flavours, changing depending on the seafood available for that specific season. "Kaisendon", which is a bowl of rice with a dozen fresh seafood toppings, is the highlight during lunch hours. Mochidaya also serves an ample selection of sweet delights, including home-baked pancakes made from 100% Sado-grown rice powder. In the evening, it turns into a Japanese-style pub serving alcoholic drinks to accompany your food, where you can leisurely enjoy local Japanese sake and cocktails in the old Japanese-style house built sixty years ago.
- Tempura/Deep-Fried Dishes
- Set menus/Rice bowls/Kamameshi(hot pot rice)
- 7 Aikawa Itchome, Sado, Niigata 952-1557
- Telephone Number
- Payment Methods
- Cards accepted:
- VISAMASTERDiners ClubAMEXJCBUnionPay（銀聯）
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- 11:00 to 21:00 (closed from 14:00 to 17:00 during the off-season)
- Regular holiday
- Number of seats
- Not required （Reservation is required for groups of more than 5 persons.）
- Open for lunchPrivate dining room available
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 50 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Aikawa（Honsen (Main Line)） Approx. 5 minutes on foot from bus stop
- 2 spaces available at Edosawa Car Park /
Points of interest near Old-House Eatery & Japanese-style Pub & Café Mochidaya
- Government-run Facilities
Sashu Oyarikan (Aikawa Tourist Exchange Center)
The perfect base for a walking tour, Sashu Oyarikan was established after repairing a historical accommodation n...
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
Daianji was established in 1606 by Nagayasu Okubo, the first Commissioner of Sado. A long, beautifully cobbled p...
- Gold and Silver Mines
- Museums, Art Galleries and Resource Centres
Sado Gold and Silver Mine Information Center Kirarium Sado
A gateway to the mine, Information Center Kirarium Sado serves as a base for exploring the site. The center will...