Energizing Sado with gourmet food prepared with Sado-produced rice powder
Kinchan Honten aims to vitalize the local community and create employment through agricultural diversification by making full use of local produce blessed with nature's bounty. Kinchan Honten utilizes local abandoned fields to grow rice for rice powder and other products, including noodles. (A great alternate of wheat flour, rice powder inhibits a rise in blood sugar levels after meals.) Kinchan Honten also produces and sells processed products made using locally-sourced fruit.
At Kinchan Honten, you can enjoy local dishes prepared with the bounties of the sea and mountains. Kinchan Honten aspires to provide a place for communication and exchange.
- Tempura/Deep-Fried Dishes
- Soba (buckwheat) and Udon Noodles
- 1333-1 Nishimikawa, Sado, Niigata 952-0434
- Telephone Number
- Payment Methods
- Credit cards not accepted:
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- Regular holiday
- Number of seats
- Not required
- Other attractions
- Rice powder milling plant
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 40 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Nishimikawa（Ogi Line） Approx. 5 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Recognized as a SADOMESHIRAN [a shop or restaurant dedicated to utilizing Sado-grown products]
Points of interest near Kinchan Honten
- Gold and Silver Mines
- Gift Shops
Sado Nishimikawa Gold Park
Sado Nishimikawa Gold Park is a hands-on facility situated on the old site of Nishimikawa Gold Dust Mine, which ...
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
- Noh Stages
Kodomari Hakusan Shrine Noh Stage
Sitting along Route 350, Kodomari Hakusan Shrine features a well-kept precinct and buildings. The shrine is beli...
- Heritage and Relics
Ishiusuzuka (millstones mound)
Kodomari in the Hamochi area prospered from masonry, together with the adjacent Tsubakio area in Mano. Masons in...