Café Gashima Cinema
Former residence of the Sado Gold Mine captain converted into a cinema café
Gashima Cinema is located on historical Kyomachi Street, which connects Sado Gold and Silver Mine with the Sado Commissioner's Office. This former residence of the Sado Gold Mine captain, built about 80 years ago, has been converted into a café while maintaining the ambiance of the olden days. A monthly featured film is shown daily, and a monthly book corner provides movie-related books. An old carbon arc film projector, which was once used at an actual movie theatre, is on display. This spot is perfect for a break on a stroll through history, in the old mining town of Aikawa.
- 11 Aikawa Kamikyomachi, Sado, Niigata 952-1522
- Telephone Number
- Payment Methods
- Credit cards not accepted:
- Opening Times
- Hands-on Experience Prices
- Movie ticket (includes a drink): Adults 1,000 JPY, High School Students and younger 500 JPY (free for preschool children)
When the showing is sold out, you may be refused entry.
Seats can be reserved for an extra 200 JPY.
- Not Available
- Disabled Access
- Not Available
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 45 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Sado Hangamura（Nanaura Kaigansen Line） Approx. 10 minutes on foot from bus stop
- twitter→https://twitter.com/gashimacinema Guests are welcome to have a drink while the movie is being shown, or enjoy a book over a cup of coffee.
Points of interest near Café Gashima Cinema
Kyomachi Street is a main street that connects Aikawa's gold and silver mines with the Sado Commissioner's Offic...
- Heritage and Relics
Old Aikawa Detention House
Up the hill on Kyomachi Street in Aikawa, you will see an ivy-covered three-metre high concrete wall. Aikawa Det...
- Shrines and Buddhist Temples
Daianji was established in 1606 by Nagayasu Okubo, the first Commissioner of Sado. A long, beautifully cobbled p...