Sado Udon Aoi
We may not yet be as well-known as the Sado Okesa folk song, but we are still on our way to becoming a new Sado specialty.
This spacious, renovated farmhouse restaurant will please your senses with creaking sounds of tatami mats and old house smell, as well as a view of paddie fields from the hall. Surrounded by the island's quintessential scenery, enjoy special Sado udon (wheat noodles) kneaded with local nagamo seaweed, as well as other specialties filled with Sado's flavors: colourful crab appetizers, sweet shrimp rice and mixed seafood tempura.
- Tempura/Deep-Fried Dishes
- Soba (buckwheat) and Udon Noodles
- 乙153-1 Chigusa, Sado, Niigata 952-1209
- Telephone Number
- Payment Methods
- Cards accepted:
- VISAMASTERDiners ClubAMEXJCBDiscover
- Opening Times
- Lunch: 11:30 am – 3:00 pm (Last order at 2:30 pm) / Dinner: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm (Last order at 7:30 pm)
- Regular holiday
- Number of seats
- Not required
- Open for lunchPrivate dining room availableAvailable for private party rent-out
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 20 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Kanai Gakkoumae（Honsen (Main Line)） Approx. 15 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Please book in advance for a private room with tatami mat flooring.
Points of interest near Sado Udon Aoi
Meiji Kinendo Memorial
Meiji Kinendo was founded by Ryokan Honjo, a Buddhist monk of Tokushoji Temple, to comfort the souls of Sado Isl...
- Gift Shops
Shinsen Kukan Yorankaya
You can find locally-produced vegetables every day in one of the island's largest farm shops, Shinsen Kukan Yora...
- Gift Shops
Sado Nyugyo (dairy company)
Sado milk is delicious with a smooth finish. Cows raised at Clean Milk Production Farm, which has adopted the HA...