Akadomari Port Festival
A unique festival on the stage of the sea of Akadomari!
The mood of the Akadomari Port Festival is warmed up by performances of local traditional folk arts and popular songs sung at Festival Eve. The main attraction on the day of the festival is a "grand sumo wrestling tournament on the Sea of Japan," which takes place on a ring (dohyo) floating in the bay. Spirited bouts, with slips and falls on a shaking ring, induce big, hearty cheers. Another highlight is a cardboard boat race, which features hand-crafted boats with unique characteristics. In the evening, the folk song and dance procession starts, and the festival reaches its climax with fireworks launched into the night sky.
- Starting time
- 8/3 18:30～、8/4 9:30～
- Event site
- Akadomari (Akadomari Port Special Venue)
- 2208 Akadomari, Sado, Niigata 952-0711
- Contact Information
- +81-0259-87-2200（Akadomari Port Festival Committee (c/o Akadomari Society of Commerce and Industry)）
- Transport Access
- Akadomari Port Approx 0 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Akadomari Futoumae（Akadomarisen Line） 1 minutes on foot from bus stop
- The 3th of August (Festival Eve)