Honma Family’s Regular Noh Performances
Enjoy Noh performances in the headquarters of the Sado Hoshoryu School of Noh.
Among the thirty remaining Noh stages in Sado, the Honma family's Noh stage is the only one that is privately owned. Considered to have the most authentic structure in Sado, it is kept in good condition and has been designated a Niigata Prefectural Cultural Asset. The members of the Homma family have been playing a leading role in Noh plays of the Sado Hoshoryu School since the Edo Period (17th-19th centuries), and still play a vital role as the head of the school. The Honma Family's Regular Noh Performances are the largest and most vibrant Noh events in Sado. This is a great occasion to while away a summer day.
- Noh Performances
- Starting time
- Event site
- Honma Family's Noh Stage
- 987 Agata, Sado, Niigata 952-3421
- Contact Information
- +81-0259-23-2888（The Honma Family）
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 10 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Honmake Nohbutaimae（Minamisen (South Line)） 0 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Matsukaze (Wind in the Pines) / Funabenkei (Benkei in the Boat)