Niibo Castle Lotus Festival
Celebrate 5,000 lotus flowers at the ruins of Niibo Castle!
Niibo Castle Lotus Festival is held at the Shimoniibo Community Centre when lotus flowers come into bloom in a moat at the ruins of Niibo Castle. Go straight, seeing Hiyoshi Shrine in Niibo on your right, and the moat unfolds before you. The festival is scheduled to feature local folk art such as Harigoma (spring foal dance), and stalls with food and other regional specialties.At the peak of the blooming season, lotus flowers will be lit up. Flowers and leaves of the lotus become available to buy from 5:00 in the morning on the 11th of August.
- Harigoma (spring foal dance)
- Noroma Puppet Theatre
- Event site
- Plaza in front of Shimoniibo Community Centre
- 177 Shimoniibo, Sado, Niigata 952-0114
- Contact Information
- +81-0259-27-5000（Sado Tourism Association Mano Tourist Information Office）
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 25 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Shimoniibo（Minamisen (South Line)） 2 minutes on foot from bus stop