Kusakari Shrine Takigi Noh and Sagiryu Kyogen
Bonfire Noh Performance Offerings
The Noh stage at Kusakari Shrine is thought to have been built before the early Meiji Period (late 19th century), and there remains a record of Noh performances held here in the late Edo Period (mid-19th century). Noh has been performed continuously, and it is dedicated to gods at the Kusakari Shrine's annual festival (Hamochi Festival) on the 15th of June every year. Bonfires illuminate the stately Noh stage and invite you into the subtle and profound world of Noh.
- Noh Performances
- Starting time
- Event site
- Kusakari Shrine Noh Stage
- 1698 Hamochi Hongo, Sado, Niigata 952-0504
- Contact Information
- +81-0259-27-5000（Sado Tourism Association）
- Transport Access
- Ogi Port Approx 15 by car
- Suma Genji (Genji at Suma)
- *The performance programme is subject to change.
In case of rain, the venue may be changed. Please contact Sado Tourism Association for details.