Shoboji Temple Candlelight Noh Performance
Candlelight Noh plays at Shoboji Temple are remembered in connection with Zeami
At Shoboji Temple, a Noh play is performed in memory of Kanze Motokiyo (Zeami), who was exiled to Sado. You can see a Noh performance in the mysterious light of candles, in the main hall of the temple where Zeami is said to have stayed. Before the performance starts, join the tea ceremony named "Haisho no Tsuki (moon viewed from the place of exile)" presented in the Omotesenke style. Enjoy a cup of maccha green tea prepared with the deep-sea water pumped up in Oda, Hatano, where Zeami landed on Sado Island. On this occasion, a special seminar is also held, and the ritual mask "Beshimi" (a mask with its mouth clamped firmly shut), a Niigata Prefecture's Designated Cultural Asset, is displayed to the public.
- Noh Performances
- Starting time
- Event site
- Shoboji Temple
- 504 Kou Izumi, Sado, Niigata 952-1212
- Contact Information
- +81-0259-27-5000（Sado Tourism Association）
- Please make a donation. (Seating is limited.)
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 25 by car
- The Iris (Kakitsubata)(TBC)
- *The performance programme is subject to change. The venue may be changed in case of rain. Please contact Sado Tourism Association for details.