Zeami Memorial Festival
Memorial services for Zeami and ritual dances
Memorial services are held and dances are dedicated in memory of Zeami, who was exiled to Sado. Mantras are chanted and incense offerings are made by representatives in front of the stage, followed by utai (chanting), shimai (a simplified version of Noh consisting of a dance accompanied by chanting), and Noh plays. On this occasion of the memorial services of Zeami, who developed Noh to perfection, performers from both inside and outside of the island gather.
- Noh Performances
- Starting time
- Event site
- Kanai Nogakudo (Noh Theatre)
- 371- Ko Nakaoku, Sado, Niigata 952-1211
- Contact Information
- +81-0259-27-5000（Sado Tourism Association）
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 20 by car
- The Iris (Kakitsubata)
- *The performance programme is subject to change.