Kasuga Shrine Noh Theatre Performance
The annual bonfire Noh performances held at the event of Earth Celebration
This is a pre-event at Earth Celebration 2018. Sado, where Zeami (a playwright and performer who developed Noh theatre to perfection) was exiled and the first Deputy was a former Noh actor, has a long history of Noh theatre. One third of all Noh stages in Japan can be found in Sado. Sado is an unparalleled place for Noh theatre, which is deeply rooted in the daily lives of the people. Enjoy the annual, special Takigi Noh performances this summer, too!
- Noh Performances
- Starting time
- Doors open at 6:30 pm, and the performance starts at 7:00 pm.
- Event site
- Kasuga Shrine Noh Stage
- 412 Aikawa Oritomura, Sado, Niigata 952-1582
- Contact Information
- +81-0259-27-5000（Sado Tourism Association）
- Adults: 3,500JPY / Elementary to high school students: 2,000JPY
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 50 by car
- Noh "Tsuchigumo" (Ground Spider), Kyogen "Yasematsu" (Skinny Pine) , Dance "Ame nimo Makezu "(Be Not Defeated by the Rain)
- *The performance programme is subject to change. The venue, also, may be changed in case of rain. Please contact Sado Tourism Association for details.