Sado Kaifu Kanburi Tairyo Matsuri (Good Catch of Winter Yellowtail Festival)
Enjoy, to the fullest, freshly caught winter yellowtail at this signature year-end event!
Kanburi, winter yellowtail, is one of Sado's representative winter tastes. Sado Kaifu Kanburi Tairyo Matsuri takes place at Washizaki Fishing Port, one of the ports where winter yellowtail is landed. At this festival, you can buy super-fresh yellowtail, caught just off the coast of Washizaki, at lower-than-market prices. which draws many tourists from outside the island. Events include the annual "yellowtail race," and guests can enjoy a free bowl of arajiru (soup with yellowtail trimmings). Come and join this all-about-yellowtail event!
- Ondeko (Deity mask dance)
- Starting time
- Winter yellowtail sales begin at 10:00.
- Event site
- Washizaki Fishing Port
- Washizaki, Sado, Niigata 952-3205
- Contact Information
- +81-0259-27-3258（Secretariat of Sado Kaifu Kanburi Tairyo Matsuri Committee (c/o Uchikaifu Fishery Cooperative)）
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 45 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Washizaki（Uchikaifusen Line） Approx. 0 minutes on foot from bus stop