Meotoiwa Drive-In (Roadside Eatery)
A highly popular squid preparation experience!
Meotoiwa Drive-In is a roadside eatery right in front of the sight-seeing spot, Meotoiwa Rocks. The eatery offers dishes mainly on seafood such as rice bowls with seafood toppings and rice bowls with deep-fried breaded yellowtail. There is also a good selection of souvenirs unique to Sado on offer. Squid preparation is a popular experience with entertaining instructions by the "Dried Squid Master". After the experience, you can take some dried squid home, a popular item at the souvenir shop. If you wish to have the one you prepared by yourself, the prepared squid can be dried and shipped to you at a later date.
- Fish Dishes
- Gift Shops
- Chinese Ramen Noodles
- 1267-5 Takose, Sado, Niigata 952-1645
- Telephone Number
- Official site
- Web URL
- Opening Times
- 8:00 - 17:00 (squid preparation experience takes place from 9:00 - 16:00.)
- Open 365 days a year (no squid preparation experience from November to March)
- Hands-on Experience Prices
- Squid preparation experience: 864JPY
- Required （One week in advance）
- Facilities and Service
- Accommodation, restaurant, souvenir shop, exhibition of sea chests, workshop (for a charge), etc.
- Opening Times
- 11:00 - 14:30
- Regular holiday
- Open 7 days a week
- Number of seats
- Not required （Reservation is required from November to March.）
- Serves lunchPrivate dining room available
- Payment Methods
- Cards not accepted:
- Available（Free WiFi internet access at the restaurant only）
- Disabled Access
- Not Available
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 45 minutes by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Meotoiwamae（Nanaura Kaigansen Line） Approx. 0 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
"Tourist" spot near Meotoiwa Drive-In (Roadside Eatery)
- Craft Experiences
Salt Factory Sado Kaza Shiogama
The scenic spot "Meotoiwa Rocks" is located in front of Salt Factory Sado Kaza Shiogama. Salt Factory Sado Kaza ...
- Minshuku (Japanese-style Bed and Breakfast)
Minshuku Ippuku is a Japanese-style B&B located in Tachibana at Nanaura Coast. The seafood served here, scrupulo...
- Outdoor Activities
Sado Sea Kayak Club
The Sado Sea Kayak Club offers various sea kayaking experience courses, a popular activity for eco tours. An ex...