Refresh and immerse yourself in the lush forest environment, Tsumenosawa.
Tsumenosawa Campground is located in a field 500 metres high, eight kilometres up the hill from Akadomari Port. Quiet and calm, the site is in a glade surrounded by lush trees, where you can relax in the shade. There is a trail layed out in the forest, making it perfect for stargazing and nature viewing. With a wood craft workshop facility as well, this campsite is a popular destination for 'forest schools'. An insect repellent is a must.
- for a fee
- Mikawa, Sado, Niigata 952-0705
- Contact Information
- Sunrise Jogahama：0259-87-3215（Please state specifically whether you are contacting us about Tumenosawa Campground.）
- Opening Period
- Early June - late October
- Situated in a forest
- Communal cooking facility, toilet, hot shower, wood craft workshop facility
- Camping prices
- One tent pitch/motorcaravan: 1,000JPY/night, Cottage equipped with toilet for up to six persons: 5,000JPY/night (cottage without toilet: 4,000JPY), Two-Person Tent Hire : 2,000JPY
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 80 by car
Points of interest near Tsumenosawa Campground
Sansuke and Okiku, who are reputed to started rice cultivation in Sado, are enshrined at the two peaks of Mt. Og...
Saruhachi Terraced Rice Fields
Although it is located just 20 minutes by car from the nearest shopping area, thatched roof houses still remain ...
- Museums, Art Galleries and Resource Centres
Torigoe Library is situated in the Saruhachi area deep in the Kosado mountains. About 20,000 books were donated ...