A heart and mind warming restaurant in Kanai
At Honjin, you can enjoy local seafood delights caught and purchased at a fish market in Ryotsu. Honjin offers seasonal delights. In summer, it provides eel dishes such as grilled eel over rice, and in winter, it serves hot pot dishes with numerous ingredients and oysters. Other than seafood, the menu has a wide variety of dishes, including set meals, donburi ( bowl of rice with toppings), and soba (buckwheat) and udon noodles. Curry with rice and omelette topping is recommended. An evening drink deal is also popular. Honjin is available for various occasions, such as gatherings, business dinners, and parties.
- Soba (buckwheat) and Udon Noodles
- Japanese-style Curry with Rice
- Set menus/Rice bowls/Kamameshi(hot pot rice)
- 98-4 Chigusa, Sado, Niigata 952-1209
- Telephone Number
- Payment Methods
- Credit cards not accepted:
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- 11:00 - 14:00, 17:00 - 22:30
- Regular holiday
- Holidays subject to change
- Number of seats
- Not required
- Open for lunch
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 20 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Kanai（Honsen (Main Line)、Kuninaka Line、Kanamarusen Line、Akadomarisen Line、Kaifu Line、Ogi Line、Iwakubi Line） Approx. 2 minutes on foot from bus stop
- Shared parking lot available
Points of interest near Honjin
- Gift Shops
Sado Nyugyo (dairy company)
Sado milk is delicious with a smooth finish. Cows raised at Clean Milk Production Farm, which has adopted the HA...
- Gift Shops
Shinsen Kukan Yorankaya
You can find locally-produced vegetables every day in one of the island's largest farm shops, Shinsen Kukan Yora...
- Noh Stages
Hori Kinen Kanai Nohgakudo
Kanai Nohgakudo is a Noh theatre located in the Kanai area, which is known as Zeami's place of exile. The theatr...