A café of the long-established confectionery shop "Shimaya"
SHIMAYA CAFÉ was opened by Shimaya, which is a confectionary shop famous for Sawane Dango (sweet dumplings). It offers a great selection of menu options including original sweets only available qt the cafe, Shimaya's special hot sandwiches, pasta dishes made from Niigata-produced rice powder, etc. Discover the gems of Shimaya, which boasts 200 years of history. A variety of food and drinks made from seasonal fruits are also served. There is also a shop attached selling Shimaya's confectionary.
- Light meal
- Italian Cuisine
- 141-7 Chigusa, Sado, Niigata 952-1209
- Telephone Number
- Official site
- Web URL
- Payment Methods
- Cards accepted:
- VISAMASTERDiners ClubAMEXJCBUnionPay（銀聯）
- Assistance in Foreign Languages
- Not available
- Opening Times
- 10:00 - 19:00 (lunch is served between 11:00 - 14:30)
- Regular holiday
- Wednesdays (once per month)
- Number of seats
- Not required
- Open for lunchNon-smoking section availableChildren welcome
- Other attractions
- Shop, etc.
- Available（Wi-Fi internet access is available.）
- General Accessibility
- Not Available
- Transport Access
- Ryotsu Port Approx 20 by car
- Nearest bus stop
- Sado Byouinmae（Honsen (Main Line)、Kuninaka Line、Kanamarusen Line、Nanaura Kaigansen Line、Akadomarisen Line、Kaifu Line、Ogi Line、Iwakubi Line） Approx. 3 minutes on foot from bus stop
Points of interest near SHIMAYA CAFÉ
- Gift Shops
Shinsen Kukan Yorankaya
You can find locally-produced vegetables every day in one of the island's largest farm shops, Shinsen Kukan Yora...
Meiji Kinendo Memorial
Meiji Kinendo was founded by Ryokan Honjo, a Buddhist monk of Tokushoji Temple, to comfort the souls of Sado Isl...
- Gift Shops
Sado Nyugyo (dairy company)
Sado milk is delicious with a smooth finish. Cows raised at Clean Milk Production Farm, which has adopted the HA...